Thursday, December 26, 2013

Elf on Track

Measured 6w5d with normal bits associated with said gestational age. The heartbeat was present, but the resident wouldn't measure it. She cited that she wouldn't be able to measure this early?

Why am I still at this clinic? Oh, yeah the other place never called me back when I tried to make an appointment 6 weeks ago. Damn.

So for whatever reason I am denied the number of beats, I watched myself and counted two flashes per second at least. So if Elf is around 120, we might still be in business.

Weirdly, I thought very little about Elf during the past few days. There was something close to amazing being home with E and the Mr. and generally having a Christmas. His family is chaos during this time of year, and being so far away was downright delightful. While we missed the company that his large family brings, the lack of drama was a gift on its own.



13 comments:

  1. I get to comment first!

    woo-hoo! Grow little elf, keep on growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Elf! Keep growing little one! :)

    Adorable pic :)

    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Delighted for you! You def had it right if you saw a fast flicker, with Martina even before they measured it I knew it was slow (and it was 105 I think) so strong HB is the next best thing! Come on Elf and you'll be making yourself known well on time for next Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the BEST update. I'm grinning ear to ear/ Go Elf! And houray for a quiet Christmas at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good, good, good! Yes, I know better than to get ahead of myself (and yourself, of course, and Elf's self), but I am already imagining Elf in elf outfits this time next year. May you have many not-worrying-it's-all-good months ahead until then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Yay Elf, you made it through Christmas!!! Now to get into 2014 Elfie. I am hopeful. So hopeful!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAYAYAYAYAYAY. And yay for Xmas away from chaos. I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas, without the crazy but with the Elf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wordpress decided that I didn't need to read your blog anymore, so I have been freaking out. What a fantastic Boxing Day gift, though not as fantastic as if someone had given you a nice number to cling to. But...HEART. This is a good, good thing. Your Christmas sounds perfect to me, and look at that great big tiny adorable warm booted GIRL CHILD.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear it! And hoping for a very happy 2014 for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great news! Drama-free holidays are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to turn the captcha back on. I am being bombarded with spam comments for some reason. Will turn this off soon.