Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Elvish Business

The Mr. went with me this morning for my scan. Symptoms this time are light. Faint evening headaches, low bouts of nausea, and very little tenderness in lady regions. It's funnily "captain obvious" to hear me say it, but every pregnancy is different. When you are constantly analyzing variations of the same theme, you would like to take comfort in fore knowledge of the usual outline. But, as usual, these stories tend to be page turners. Without the preface, you have no idea what genre this will be. Mystery? Horror? Chick Lit? HOW WILL THIS END!!!

What I am is cranky and tired. Which given my non-pregnant self, means not much.Stress-wise, work has gone weird again. Home-wise, we are now going to be somewhat desperate to move by late spring. The Universe shines on us just a wee bit as our landlord has let us go month to month. Not having a large lease to contend with helps heaps.

So scan-wise, I'm 8w4d today and measuring 8w5d with heartbeat present. Doc did a visual count (again not doing the machine?!?) and came back with 142. Which is solidly not low. Not high, but not low. Which means I am now in the place I have only been once before. Yes, Elf not dead. (Yay!)

Could it really be? I fear enough to even dare to hope. In any case, it's semi-new territory and for that I am also grateful.

13 comments:

  1. Lol @ the "HOW WILL THIS END" screech. I go there frequently myself.

    Yay for Elf being okay! You are getting to the point where you can smell the safe-ish zone of the second trimester...but I am intimately familiar with how time seems to slow to a crawl during this process

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Elf! I have only had 2 losses between my kids, so I can only imagine what you are going through. Hang in there Misfit. We are all cheering you and Elf on!

    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Measuring ahead with appropriate heartbeat sounds absolutely perfect. I have a good feeling about this, I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the need to answer your rhetorical question with an emphatic YES, YES, YES! It could really be! And I continue to so hope it shall. Go, Elf, go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!!!! This is exactly what I needed to hear today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO HAPPY ELF = NOT DEAD. Oh man, I hope it's one of those poignant and heartwarming and smart romantic comedy-types where everything turns out perfectly but you're not annoyed by that because the characters are so compelling. You've already got that part covered...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grow little Elf! happy to hear that things look good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, YEAH! Triple YEAH! Oh, I'm just so infinitely glad to read that Elf has a beating heart and very nice proportions for an 8 week embryo (almost in fetus-land).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fairy tale, "and they lived happily ever after"?
    I'm hopeful for you and the elf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go go go Elf!! Really great to hear this good news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, what a great scan! This is so hopeful and wonderful to read. Loving this little elf so far!

    ReplyDelete
  12. just popping in to send you my love- hoping for you..... xoxox
    -C

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to turn the captcha back on. I am being bombarded with spam comments for some reason. Will turn this off soon.