Monday, January 13, 2014

Threatened

I graduated to the OB last week. Fretting whether to stay with my practice, I found myself too tired to start over. Elf history is like jumping into the last chapter of a long, complicated drama. I actually SAW said OB, Dr. Messy. He reviewed my history and proceeded to tell me to call and come in any time I felt I needed to see/hear what was going on. Reassuring.

I'd felt zonked for Friday and Saturday. And by Sunday I was dragging even slower. I felt a gush of fluid and ran to the bathroom. Bright red.

Having a normal 9 weeks of pregnancy lulls even the most cynical loser into feeling lucky. I believe my guard had been down all of one minute.

I managed to get in to see Dr. Messy today. Elf's heart beats and body grew from a few days ago. But, in case I'd forgotten for a minute there, this isn't going to be easy. Misfit doesn't do easy. Yes, Universe, I remain humbled. Especially with the new diagnoses added to my chart, "Threatened Abortion."

9 comments:

  1. Oh fucking hell. Can't you catch a break? I'm so sorry you have to deal with this and very much hope "threatening" is all this is. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of you, Misfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes. What does that mean? Is it an sch? Why are they calling it a threatened abortion? Off to google, but I'm thinking of you. God knows you deserve a break and full 9 months with a bouncing baby in the end. Is it too much to ask that it be uneventful too?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my lord, terrifying. Do they know what this was? I have such strong hope for you all-- I also had bleeding around 9 weeks with my latest pregnancy. It was a sch and all was well. I so so so hope this is the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh shit. (My first thought at seeing this post's title in my reader.) May it be a completely idle threat. I'm so sorry for the terror I know you must have felt on seeing red, and are probably still feeling - I remember it so well. I hope it stops very soon if it hasn't already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, what an ugly expression to put on your chart. Sorry to hear about the scare; I hope Elf continues to grow and thrive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Def can be an SCH. Had it with 2 of 4 pregnancies (but not 2 early losses) and they can usually just resolve themselves by absorbing as mine did or "bleeding out."

    Praying for you.

    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is not the news I was hoping for, but I am immensely relieved to read that elf has grown and seems unperturbed by the bleeding. I hope there is NO more bleeding. Notta drop. I hold on to the sense that elf is a fighter, that he wants to become a baby.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry to turn the captcha back on. I am being bombarded with spam comments for some reason. Will turn this off soon.